Wild Thai Lemon Rice
Wild Thai Lemon Rice, manages to tick both earthy and fresh boxes.
This blend of brown, black, red and white rice has nutty undertones. It is then lifted with the addition of lemon.
As like most unprocessed rice this does take longer to cook, but if you make in bulk it will not only save time. As an added bomus it will also go with pretty much everything!
It’s colourful and bright, and perfect with other big flavours.
When I cook this in bulk, I keep my extra portions stored with the lemons it cooked with. Grated zest also maintains the lemon tang perfectly.
Seasoned simply, this is one of my go to meals when I don’t want to do a lot of prep work!
I teamed mine with both my tandoori roasted salmon, and my slow cooked chilli. The rest I have vacuum packed and popped in the freezer for another day.
for this Wild Thai Lemon Rice, we are using 300g of wild Thai rice, black, brown and red, in addition to 50g long grain, this is purely optional, I just like the contrast it gives!
Each 175g (cooked serving) comes in at 206 Calories, 1g fa, 44g carbs and 5g of protein!
On to the cooking
I prefer to cook the wild rice and white rice separate purely because the red rice turns pretty much everything bright pink! You can throw all this together if you are not too worried about what it looks like, or even forgo the white rice altogether!
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do! Please feel free to check out my other rice recipes such as spinach, mushroom and garlic!
P.s I am releasing my first video very soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that! I would love some support from my readers on it!
Don’t forget to tag me on social media to show me what you have been cooking up!
Until next time, Much love
Wild Thai Lemon Rice
- 2 pots for rice
- 300 g wild Thai rice Brown, black and red
- 50 g white rice
- 2 unwaxed lemons
- place both rices into their own pans.
- fill Thai rice with 3 times the amount of water, be prepared to add more if needed!
- repeat with white
- bring to boil,
- cut one lemon in half and place both in the wild rice
- Cover with lid
- turn heat to simmer on both pans
- the white rice will cook in 20 minutes, set to one side, fluff with fork
- once Wild rice is cooked, remove from heat, allow to sit for a few minutes
- combine the two rices together
- Season with salt, black pepper and lemon zest