Wild Thai Lemon Rice, manages to tick both earthy and fresh boxes.This blend of brown, black, red and white rice has nutty undertones. It is then lifted with the addition of lemon.
Tag: side dish
Garlic bread, it is a gorgeous thing. Goes with pretty much every dish I can think of. Now am taking this recipe and making it a bit healthier. But still keeping the garlic butter!
You can make these using leftover dough from the No Cheat all Treat 530cal pizzas. If you want to check out that recipe click the link below. No waste and tastes great!
Super simple recipe and it is pretty much fool proof! Coming in at 75cals per serving these are perfect for lunch boxes or as a side dish for pasta!
You can make them healthier , by using low fat spread, but for this I have used real butter for an extra treat.
Mix it up
You can add whatever flavour you like to these! Some Ideas,
- Pesto and Mozzarella
- Sun Dried Tomatoes and Herb
- Rosemary and Thyme
How to use them
These things are pretty versatile. Cut them up and pop them in soups or salads skipping the croutons. Slice them open and use as mini pittas for lunch boxes. Pop them on as a side dish for pasta.
Super cute and easy to make. I definitely recommend giving them a go.
With the little extra effort these take to make, it is so worth it!
Brushed with garlic herb butter. I LOVE garlic bread.
Comparing these to shop bought, it is plain to see what is the healthier option!
As always my Direct messages are open on my social media. Give these a go and tag me to show me yours
Follow me on instgram for the recipes coming soon!
Mini Chilli, Garlic and Herb Flat breads
- Frying pan (|I use a tawa but any frying pan will do)
- rolling pin
- pastry brush
- cookie cutter ( or large rimmed Glass)
- 80 g Pizza dough (recipe linked above)
- 6 g Melted unsalted butter
- 2 g Garlic Puree
- 2 g chilli flakes
- 2 g chives fresh or dried
- 2 g basil fresh or dried
- 1 g black pepper
- roll dough on floured surface until 1cm thick
- cut out circles with cookie cutter (or glass if you haven't got a cutter handy)
- heat flat pan on medium high heat
- melt butter in microwave 5- 10 seconds, remember to use a microwave safe bowl!
- garlic, herbs, chilli and black pepper in a with the melted butter
- brush butter onto one side of dough disc
- Place onto pan
- let brown for a minute or two
- brush butter onto the side facing up
- Flip over
- pop under the grill for 2 minutes to puff up and turn golden brown