Spiced avocado smash with bacon, egg and feta
Spiced avocado smash with bacon, egg and feta, is a super easy recipe. Check out the Video below
I normally use this as a quick easy breakfast when I am craving a bit of bacon and eggs!
It’s got a few added elements of a traditional all day breakfast, but with the added healthy fat from half an avocado per serving.
I am using a seeded loaf for the toast in this which also boosts the healthy fat content.
I will normally have this on a day where I am not weight training, so I do not need to worry about the fat content slowing down my burn time.
Nutrition and Cost
Let’s break it down
- 384 Calories
- 32g Fat
- 22g Carbs
- 18g Protein
Costing £1.05 making this fairly affordable and nutritious
I am using wonky avocados in this recipe. They are basically not aesthetically pleasing enough to fetch full price, so are cheaper than standard avocados. But every bit as delicious!
We are going to spice it up with half a tsp of both cumin and chilli flakes.
Because, it’s gorgeous and we can!
Using Prosciutto that we’ve crisped up under the Grill/broiler in place of out bacon.
Be sure to check out my other recipes below
the whole dish comes together beautifully and makes a brilliant Instagram post!
Speak of which don’t forget to tag me if you try this so I can see what you have been up to in the kitchen
Hope you enjoy the recipe, don’t forget I am back on Youtube, so now I can be in the kitchen with you!
Until Next Time
Spiced avocado smash with bacon, egg and feta, Hope you enjoy
Spiced smashed Avocado with bacon and eggs
I normally do this when I am craving bacon and eggs!
- frying pan
- 2 medium avocado
- half tsp cumin
- half tsp Chilli flakes
- slice of bread
- half onion, roughly diced
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 4 eggs 1 per serving
- 4 slices prosciutto 1 slice per serving
- half tsp Garlic Puree
- sprinkling of feta
- carefully slice through the centre and around the seed
- twist apart
- push gently around seed with your thumb and it should pop out
- scoop the avocado out with a spoon
- roughly chop
- using the back of a fork mash until it is to your liking
- add the cumin and chilli and stir through
- Set to one side
- roughly dice the onion and half the tomatoes
- heat a pan with some 1 cal spray
- add a bit of garlic puree and saute until tender (about 5 minutes)
- Crisp up the slices of prosciutto under the Grill or broiler, it should only take a few minutes. Then set to one side
- grab a pan and bring some water to the boil
- place a mini sieve in to the water
- crack your egg into the centre
- Remove when the white is firm, but the middle is soft and runny
toast the… toast
- use some spread or butter if you want!
- get your toast, add some avocado smash, top with tomatoes and onions,top with the poached egg, scatter with crispy bacon, finally crumble some feta over the top