Crispy Chilli Cups- Diet Friendly
Crispy chilli cups- what are they? A layer of rice, stacked with chilli, a sprinkle of cheese. All sitting in a perfectly crispy cup!
Crispy chilli cups are an add on from my slow cooker healthy chilli.
This is a brilliant way to incorporate them into little ones lunch boxes. Hitting all of the macro nutrients in just the right way.
Nutrition and Cost
What can I say, these things are pretty much perfect for me and my family.
- 88 calories
- 4g Fat
- 9g Carbs
- 5g Protein
All at a cost of 10 pence per cup!
How To use them
Personally, I use them for the whole family’s lunches. If you keep them in the fridge they may soften slightly. Fix this by popping them back into the oven for 10-15 minutes. The cup will crisp up, the cheese will melt, and it will be heaven in cute cup form!
Don’t throw any of the excess tortilla away, tear it up and crisp them up in the oven as well! They go perfectly with sneaky chilli nibbles out of the pot. “For testing purposes” obviously…
Nothing fills me with more apprehension then returning to youtube.
My last experience was, well, we will say. Interesting. But I was covering a subject I felt strongly about, but it was something I approached professionally.
I couldn’t say the things I wanted to say, because ultimately. I didn’t want to give the person I made the video about any room to have them removed (which she tried, twice). It wasn’t silly gossip to me, it was a Youtuber’s Young fan base being ripped off by their idol.
I have two children, and they worship their favourite Youtuber’s like gods. The idea of them being taken advantage of. Let’s just say it was personal to me.
I still have those videos up, purely because if this Youtuber tries anything similar in the future. People can look back and go into it knowing what to expect.
I never agreed with the amount of venom this person received. But things like that especially involving children, it needs to be called out.
Ultimately, I wasn’t myself in that video. I was speaking slower, trying to hide my accent. And Honestly, it wasn’t a video I enjoyed making.
Sitting through hours of painfully dull footage to grab pieces of information she was too stupid to hide. It really didn’t help that she had the personality as deep as a teaspoon either.
But now, I can finally be me.
For better, or the more likely, worse. I am who I am. And am going to have some fun with it. I want people to watch my video’s and smile, knowing things don’t always go right. That doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world.
And if you can laugh at the fails, you will never have a bad day in the kitchen again!
Wish me luck, I am going to need it!
Crispy Chilli Cups- Diet Friendly
- Baking tray
- cookie cutter (optional)
- 12.5 g Cooked rice I have used my wild thai lemon rice
- 20 g Homemade Chilli I have a recipe linked in the blog, or make your own!
- 6.5 g Tortilla That's the weight when cut, per cup
- 3 g Cheese
- Sauces Optional Guacamole, salsa, sour cream, whatever you fancy
- Using the cookie cutter, make tortilla disks
- take your muffin pan, lightly grease with 1 cal spray if yours is prone to sticking
- place disk over each muffin hole
- press firmly in the centre, until it fits in nicely
- press down any loose overlaps
- Bake in medium high oven for 5-10 minutes
- once slightly brown around the edges remove from oven
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes
- Take your cooked rice and spoon a small amount into the tortilla cup
- There should be enough to create a nice layer
- Press down the rice to stabilise the base
- Add 20g of chilli (1.5 tablespoons) Roughly
- Top with grated cheese
- Pop under the grill for 5-10 minutes. It is done when then cheese is melted and bubbling
- Top with your choice of sauces